[linux-lvm] Lilo problem

Csuk, Ferenc Ferenc.Csuk at one.at
Wed Nov 28 11:27:02 UTC 2001

Hi All,

I found one answer(Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:48:36 -0600 (MDT)) about lilo patch.
Andreas adviced that the guy should have patched lilo with your 21.7-5
patch. I have the same problem now. I modified the lilo.conf to boot from
/dev/sdb when I got the error message Fatal: Sorry, don't know how to handle
device 0x3a00.

The background:

I just managed to complete my installation. I have a working LVM on top of a
RAID1. I have only one md0 device and one vg00. I created boot partiotion on
lvol1 on SDA. I would like to make sure if SDA goes wrong I can still boot
from SDB. What should I change in lilo configration. I suppose I have to
save MBR on that and let lilo know about it.

Should I apply that patch? If yes, how to do that? I am using Suse 7.1 with
kernel 2.4.0

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ferenc