[linux-lvm] LVM limit on PE's/size?

Peter Skensved peter at sno.Phy.Queensu.CA
Thu Nov 29 10:38:01 UTC 2001

>In general you should plan for the largest possible Logical Volume size
>during the lifetime of a Volume Group and set the Physical Extent size
>(vgcreate -s) acordingly. Even though Linux does not support more than 2TB
>per block device today, it will be in the future and you won't suffer from
>the LVM1 constraint ITR.
>
>Regards,
>Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --

    Is there any way to change the PE size `after the fact ' ?  I have a
255.99 GB logical volume ( three 80 GB drives ) with PE size set to 4 Mb.
Is there a non-destructive way to increase the PE size so that I can add
more drives ? Or do I have to back everything up and start from scratch ?
                                                   peter

----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter at SNO.Phy.QueensU.CA
Dept. of Physics,                       Phone:  (613) 533-2676
Queen's University,                     Fax:    (613) 533-6813
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada