[linux-lvm] Mandrake 8.1 and LVM

Sarwer Zafiruddin sarwer.zafiruddin at rune.org
Thu Nov 29 15:53:02 UTC 2001

Expanding / is useful when you need to upgrade the system and the newer OS
needs more space to upgrade.  My primary concern is things under the /var
filesystem, where things grow constantly like logs (which I like to keep
atleast 6months of rotated logs), possibly more space for
/var/spool/mqueue (for mail server that have increase of mail traffic),
and /var/spool/mail (for those hog user who refuse to clean up their INBOX
;-) ).

Sarwer

--
System Administrator