[linux-lvm] reiserfs panic

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolabs.com
Fri Nov 30 10:31:02 UTC 2001

On Nov 30, 2001  08:57 -0500, Chris Mason wrote:
> Now that 2.5.x is out I expect more of these to get cleaned up, and I'm
> workin on patches to turn reiserfs_panic into a forced readonly mount.

Just as an FYI, ext2 has a distinction between "ext2_panic", "ext2_error",
and "ext2_warning".  The panic is just what it sounds like (and can only
be triggered by something like memory corruption, it is almost unused).
The error has a configurable behaviour - panic also, ro-mount, warning.
In all cases, it marks the filesystem superblock with an error.  The
default is ro-mounting the filesystem.  The warning is just a warning
(unusual condition, but a 100% recoverable situation).

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger