[linux-lvm] how to upgrade from rh70 to rh71

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Tue Oct 2 18:18:17 UTC 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 12:53:04AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 11:35:17PM -0500, Joe Harvell wrote:
> > Hmm:
> >
> > I never really thought about this when I decided to put all my
> > filesystems on LVM logical volumes; but how am I going to be able to
> > upgrade to RedHat 7.1?

mount your rh71 cd and do
rpm -Ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/kernel-2.4.2-2.ix86.rpm
(so it will not upgrade it)
then rpm -Fvh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/*rpm

(speaking of mandrake)
> mounted on, etc.  The only thing they don't do yet is support root on
> an LV -- I am working on that problem when time permits.  Since they
> just released 8.1 I hope to have root on LVs in their next release.
i will add it at least to mkinitrd, since i am switching my main
system to mdk81, at the moment i am busy rebuilding everything with
athlon optimizations

i also had problem with lvm over raid with the installer.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN