[linux-lvm] Error vg_read_with_pv_and_lv... just want to clean up

Bradburn, Michael Michael.Bradburn at COMPAQ.com
Fri Oct 12 21:45:11 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am running Suse 7.2 Professional and we were playing around with the
LVM and were trying to remove existing volumes and create new ones.  To
make a long story short, I am getting the following error message when I
run vgscan:

found inactive volume group "vg00"
only found 0 of 4340 LEs for LV /dev/vg00/lvol1(0)
Error "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE and LV"
cant get data of volume group "vg00" from physical volume(s)

I don't care about recovery, I just want to clean up and start over.
Can someone give me the steps to clean this mess up so I can start over?
This is a lab machine and there was no data on these volumes.

Thanks,

Michael C. Bradburn
Systems Engineer, ESE - Oracle
Compaq Computer Corporation