[linux-lvm] vgextend

kannan21977 at sify.com kannan21977 at sify.com
Mon Oct 15 09:14:49 UTC 2001

Hi

I work for an ISP in India nad am currently trying to get LVM working for us..I use a 2.4.0 kernel.and LVM 1.0.
I have not applied any patches except the one for ext2online.all commands work fine like pvcreate ,lvextend etc...

but when i do a vgextend when trying to add a physical volume to my volume group,I get a segementation fault error.
i use the command

vgextend vg1 /dev/hdb2

i had changed the partition id of /dev/hdb2 to 8e.
then i did a pvcreate /dev/hdb2.even that worked fine.
but when i try to add this pv to my volume group vg1 I get a segmentation fault error.has anyone come across this error.would be great to hear from anyone of u

thanx and regards
kannan