[linux-lvm] Horrid performance with 2.4.{9,10,12} + LVM + ReiserFS

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Thu Oct 18 00:48:27 UTC 2001

On Thursday, 18 October 2001, at 00:00:06 +0200,
Jens Benecke wrote:

> Hello,
> [...]
> The LVM volume is about 97% full (7.5GB free). In ext2 the rule was not to
> use the last 5% of a disk because it would be too slow. But I think this
> should not be a problem for ReiserFS, at least not with such big disks (?).
> If it is, this would waste over 10GB disk space which I don't think is
> acceptable.

If you mean your ReiserFS partition is 97% full, read:
http://www.namesys.com/faq.html#full-disk

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk