[linux-lvm] pvmove with Bad bocks

Stonki stonki at gmx.de
Sun Oct 21 15:50:01 UTC 2001

Hello Ragnar,

Sunday, October 21, 2001, 10:44:16 PM, schriebst Du:

RK> I think there are two potential causes of pvmove erroring out - one is a
RK> bug related to the last allocaten extent, and one is actual disk error.
well its a disk error for sure. Also wrote it in my initial posting
here..

RK> I fail to see why reducing the size will solve any problems if the cause
RK> is a bad disk - I think you need the patch I mentioned earlier, or a
RK> simular fix.
Well, I need this patch for sure :-) But excuse me, but I didn't find
the patch in the mailinglist. The only thing I found was a notice of
Heinz to patch the latest RC for 1.0 in line 520. But I use a much
older version...

can you give me a helping hand ?

with regards,

Stefan Onken