[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.12 bug?

GCS gcs at lsc.hu
Wed Oct 24 04:58:01 UTC 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:00:09AM +0100, Patrick Caulfield <caulfield at sistina.com> wrote:
> Are you swapping onto the LV ? It seems that swapoff -a does not remove the LV
> from the list of swap partitions, so vgchange -an would either fail or pull the
> rug out from underneath the paging mechanism.
 Not at all. LVM is on a 61.5Gb IBM disk, and my swapp is on a standard
partition, on an other disk. Ok, it happens after I get 'swapp is turned off'
message on the console. Thus if it is related to swapp, then it is a
software bug somewhere, as my swapp is nothing to do with LVM. If you want,
I can try my config without swapp. I mean remove it from fstab, reboot and see.
Also, do you have an idea for the boot time problem: buffer is busy message?
Thanks,
GCS