[linux-lvm] lvm-1.0.1-rc4 and 2.4.13

Patrick Caulfield caulfield at sistina.com
Mon Oct 29 02:59:08 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 09:30:05PM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
> * Patrick Caulfield <caulfield at sistina.com> [011026 10:56]:
> > On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 12:54:05AM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
>
> Two questions:
> 1. Why isn´t lvm-1.0.1-rc4 in the current Linux-Kernel? Why do I still
> need to patch? I think this version is already stable and better than
> the older one, isn´t it?

It just isn't :-( we've submitted (most of) it to Alan Cox and his kernel is
*much* more up-to-date than Linus'. I don't know just why the patches haven't
been accepted by Linus. He is apparently happy to completely replace the VM but
won't fix some fairly serious bugs elsewhere...bizarre.

> 2. Should I write a bug-report to the xfs-guys? If yes, can I include
> your Email, Patrick?

I wouldn't like to claim it's an XFS bug as I haven't had a close look at their
patches. I do know that they include some LVM patches in their distribution so
it's certainly worth asking them nicely to upgrade them I suppose.

Feel free to quote my email..I don't think I wrote anything actionable :-)

patrick