[linux-lvm] What is VFS

Mitch Miller mitch at mdmiller.com
Mon Oct 29 08:45:02 UTC 2001

Can somebody help me out?  On a Linux box (Redhat 7.1, Kernel 2.4.12) I've
started seeing VFS: Disk change detected on device sr(11,?) where ? is
either 0 or 1 (they're usually in pairs, once with a 0 and once with a 1).

I guess I'm not _for_sure_ what VFS is, and why it'd be detecting so many
(literally hundreds per hour) disk changes.  I do have a standard floppy,
and a SCSI attached (Adaptec 2940) Iomega Jazz drive.  The drive has a
single LVM partition on it, but it's not currently mounted (I've not fully
implemented LVM on this box yet).

THanks,
Mitch