[linux-lvm] My VG is gone...

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 4 20:51:16 UTC 2001

I'm having a very similar problem.  When I run vgscan, I get:

[root at filmore jdiehl]# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found active volume group "Database2"
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get
data of
 volume group "Database2" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" creating
"/etc/lv
mtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"

Any ideas about how to recover without losing my data.  I need to get going
soon, so if I haven't fixed it by late this week, I'm going to reformat....
And lose several Gb of data.

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.