[linux-lvm] PBs with LVM over software RAID

Olivier Sessink olivier at lx.student.wau.nl
Wed Sep 5 22:02:31 UTC 2001

On  0, svetljo <galia at st-peter.stw.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> hi
> it works with IMB's JFS
> when i try mkfs -t reiserfs -f /dev/myData/SRC it segfaults :
>
> [root at svetljo mnt]# mkfs -t reiserfs -f /dev/myData/SRC
> mkreiserfs, 2001 - reiserfsprogs 3.x.0j
> LEAF NODE (8211) contains level=1, nr_items=2, free_space=3932 rdkey
> |###|type|ilen|f/sp| loc|fmt|fsck|
> key                      |
> |   |    |    |e/cn|    |
> |need|                                            |
> Segmentation fault
>
> isn't that a bit strange that reiserfs and xfs doesn't handle it, but
> jfs does

reiserfs is known to stress hardware more, a lot of people with
almost-stable hardware get problems when using reiserfs. XFS might behave
the same. Test your system using memtest86, and run 'make -j3 clean bzImage'
in a loop for a while to check if your hardware is OK.

regards,
	Olivier
--
begin signature_virus.TXT.vbs
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me