[linux-lvm] LVM

IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R stuart at bh90210.net
Wed Sep 12 23:31:16 UTC 2001

Dear Sir:

	This maybe true, however I plan to handle my disaster recovery scenario differently; I would much prefer to make my own rescue disc (which I did before ReiserFS was a standard part of the distributed kernel with Mandrake as part of its bootable rescue portion) which is inclusive of LVM.

	What I was trying to figure out was if it was NECESSARY to have a separate /boot partition or not. I am curious if there is a way to avoid a separate /boot partition by using either modules compiled into the kernel or otherwise. I presume from what you said it is not possible, and I am forced to have a separate /boot. I prefer to keep everything under the control of LVM. I also do two backups (via DD) of my entire hard disk, so I am not as concerned about not being able to boot. I have two separate drives I backup onto for just that purpose.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart at bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Wednesday, September 12, 2001 4:28 PM