[linux-lvm] pvcreate dumping core with 2.4.10-pre9

dwchin at umich.edu dwchin at umich.edu
Sun Sep 16 02:03:57 UTC 2001

Hi,

I just downloaded linux-2.4.9, patched it to 2.4.10-pre9, applied the
lvm-1.0.1-rc2 patches, made kernel, made modules, made modules_install,
reboot with new kernel, made lvm tools, installed lvm tools.

I did "mkreiserfs /dev/hdd1", used fdisk to change the partition type to
"Linux LVM", and then, without mounting the partition, followed the HOW-TO:
everything works OK (pvcreate, vgcreate, vgchange) except that lvcreate
dumps core.

Any clues for a Linux newbie?

Thanks in advance,
--Dave Chin