[linux-lvm] Re: pvcreate dumping core with 2.4.10-pre9

Ed Tomlinson tomlins at cam.org
Sun Sep 16 02:52:21 UTC 2001

On September 15, 2001 10:07 pm, dwchin at umich.edu wrote:
> Oh, a couple of details: I'm running RedHat 7.1 (except for the kernel
> update as mentioned in previous message).  And gdb says that lvcreate is
> getting a segmentation fault at lv_create_remove.c:42
>
> 42      inline int lv_create ( vg_t *vg, lv_t *lv, char *lv_name) {

I suspect this _might_ have something to do with the mix/max changes in 2.4.10pre9.
In 2.4.10pre Linus changed min/max to use three args - he had good reasons to do
this.  It created lots of flack.  After days (weeks?) of debate a two arg version he
accepted was found.  Meanwhile the rest of the kernel (and patches like LVM) had
adpated to the three arg mix/max.

The jist of the above it to look at the LVM patch generated for 2.4.10pre9 and
change and lines begining with "+" that contain "min(" or "max(" to "min_t(" or
"max_t(" respectivily.

Suspect then it will work - I am testing this here now.

Ed Tomlinson