[linux-lvm] Re: pvcreate dumping core with 2.4.10-pre9

dwchin at umich.edu dwchin at umich.edu
Sun Sep 16 17:31:44 UTC 2001

In message <20010916025223.1CA035E041 at oscar.casa.dyndns.org>, Ed Tomlinson writ
es:
> On September 15, 2001 10:07 pm, dwchin at umich.edu wrote:
> > Oh, a couple of details: I'm running RedHat 7.1 (except for the kernel
> > update as mentioned in previous message).  And gdb says that lvcreate is
> > getting a segmentation fault at lv_create_remove.c:42
> >
> > 42      inline int lv_create ( vg_t *vg, lv_t *lv, char *lv_name) {
>

> The jist of the above it to look at the LVM patch generated for 2.4.10pre9 and
> change and lines begining with "+" that contain "min(" or "max(" to "min_t("
> or > "max_t(" respectivily.

I should have mentioned that I ran into this problem when compiling the module,
so I edited lvm.c and lvm-snap.c to use min_t() and max_t().

I also just started having problems with my aic7xxx module.  I'm thinking I may
have missed something in the kernel and/or module compilation.  Am trying
another pass at it.

--Dave