[linux-lvm] Re: [linux-lvm] Re: [linux-lvm] Verständnis von Stripes bei LVM

svetljo galia at st-peter.stw.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Sep 17 09:21:17 UTC 2001

well you could do it with soft RAID-5 too i think
you save some money from the hardware RAID ,
you lose a bit performance -- soft RAID overhead
the hard RAID has RAM and CPU( or smth of the kind ) -- no CPU or mem
overhead
but if you have a mothern CPU and a bit more RAM there is no problem
redundancy - the same