[linux-lvm] Root on LV

Steve Pratt slpratt at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 17 14:26:12 UTC 2001

>> You don't need vgscan at boot time unless the disks have moved around.
>> You DO need "vgchange -a y" in order to load the LVM data into the
kernel.

> If you are running EVMS you don't need that.

>But you need EVMS tools which are not available fo far :-(

Actually that is not entirely true.  All of the volume group and physical
volumes tools are done.  We have started on all of the logical volume
commands.  We have stand alone utilities which minic the LVM ones, as well
as a GUI which integrates LVM function with other volume management
functions such as partitioning.

EVMS Development - http://www.sf.net/projects/evms
Linux Technology Center - IBM Corporation
(512) 838-9763  EMAIL: SLPratt at US.IBM.COM