[linux-lvm] LVM RPMs

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Mon Sep 17 23:15:52 UTC 2001

Heinz,

just a quick status update.  I'm still working on this!

had a little setback as one of the disks on the machine I'd been working on
fried and I haven't had the time to go fix that... meantime I'm continuing
on another machine I have.

my problem is that I want to get something to work on RH7.0 which is still
on the 2.2 kernel.  I would just as soon simplify things and upgrade to 7.1
with a 2.4 kernel but I've read that stuff breaks in the transition and this
is my production box so I don't want to mess with it!

In my attempt I tried Taher's procedure in the chance that I might be able
to get away with not having to distribute the kernel (i.e. just packaging
the utilities and the module) but no dice.  the module complains of
undefined symbols.

so I'm back to square one.  either I resort to packaging the patched kernel
(with all the variance of configuration files) or I upgrade to 7.1 and just
package according to Taher.

In the next few days I will attempt the first of the above choices.
apologies it has taken me so long but I'm not that savvy with this stuff and
it takes me a while to figure things out!

- e r i c k