[linux-lvm] XFS crash on lvm

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Wed Apr 3 16:28:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I use 2.4.18-xfs with lvm-tools-1.0.1rc4_iop10-fr2
lvm-base-1.2-fr1

I havw a 200GB lv. I had 2.4.16 running after fiddling with usb the
whole machine crashed, reboot, the fs was corrupt. I had to zerosize the
journal log, xfs_repair, everything in lost+found.

Reformating the fs didnt do the trick (ext3 or xfs) I got told when
mounting the empty fs, the superblock was not found. Ok I did another
xfs_repair, after I could reformat again and mount the empty xfs fs.

Put some data, after 10 hours I got this in kernel log:

Apr  2 18:07:33 dumbo Corruption of in-memory data detected.  Shutting
down filesystem: lvm(58,1)
Apr  2 18:07:33 dumbo Please umount the filesystem, and rectify the
problem(s)

again the fs is corrupt. I searched google for this error and found
somthing in sgi's mailinglist archive. Too bad oss.sgi.com is down since
about 2 days :-(

thats why I ask here, anyone has an idea whats wrong here ? sofar I had
only the best experience with lvm and xfs! all my other volumes seem
intact....

Anyone got an Idea what I should do ?

sofar im waiting for oss.sgi.com to come back online to check what I can
find about this error my kernel throws...

thx alot for any help.

regards,

Christophe
Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc at zwecker.de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867
http://www.zwecker.de

"Who is General Failure ?  And why is he reading my disk ??"