[linux-lvm] Known Issues with FreeBSD Slices on Disks?

Eike Bernhardt eike at unorganized.net
Wed Apr 10 10:01:01 UTC 2002

Hi!

On Wed Apr 10 09:39:25 2002 CEST Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 07:30:54PM +0200, Eike Bernhardt wrote:
> > On Mon Apr  8 16:26:41 2002 CEST Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>
> It sounds a lot like
>
> http://lists.sistina.com/pipermail/lvm-devel/2002-March/000873.html

Hm, must have missed that one while searching for similar problems.

> Can you try removing the lines
>

>         /* Check parallel LV spindown (LV remove) */
>         if (lv_ptr->lv_status & LV_SPINDOWN)
>                         return -EPERM;
>

> in lvm_blk_open() and see if that fixes the problem please ?

The "operation not permitted" is happening with a unpatched 2.4.19-pre5
Kernel, and also when the Kernel is patched to lvm-1.1-rc1.

When removing the lines quoted above, it is possible to create another
VG without the "operation not permitted" Problem.

I don't know how to debug this further, so if anyone needs more specific
Information, please tell me.

--
Eike Bernhardt              http://unorganized.net/                ICQ: 11256658
      "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, and a dark side,