[linux-lvm] kernel: invalidate: busy buffer

Rene @ Webscorpion.com rene.madsen at webscorpion.com
Tue Apr 16 11:06:02 UTC 2002

later kernel versions in 2.4.x output that message when
> invalidate_buffers() is called too many times. I would get a few of
> them on startup (2.4.16).

I run LVM on a non-AC 2.4.17 Kernel without problems so somehow it must be
related to the -ac hacks.

>> How can I patch a standard kernel for both -ac and LVM ? As I
>> understand it they both require a "clean" kernel to apply good?
>
> Grab the clean kernel; apply LVM patches; apply redhat patches. Stephen
> Tweddie was on here pointing out a patch that Redhat have done to the
> kernel does buffer locking if you do pvmove -- so not all of the Redhat
> patches may apply cleanly.

Just to make sure I understand correctly: Is "RH patches" and "AC patches"
the same thing?

How can I apply RH patches if some of them fail?  Dont they somehow depend
on each other?

>> Sorry for the perhaps stupid quiestions, but I am not a kernel guru -
>> I only know just enough to get myself into trouble :-)  I *did* read
>> the FAQ and I *did* search google (usenet) - didnt' find the answers
>> tho...
>
> I searched google for 'busy buffer linux' and the first hit is on the
> linux-lvm list from 2001

Yes I saw that, but it wasn't the answer.