[linux-lvm] accidently formatted a physical volume...

Adam McDaniel adamm at array.org
Mon Aug 19 14:23:02 UTC 2002

Hi.. I've had a simple implementation of LVM running on two 10gig
harddrives.. Everything was working fine until one day a co-worker
decided he wanted to run `mkfs.ext2 /dev/hdb`

Needless to say, the VG was screwed and I couldn't get any data out.
My question is that I'm wondering if there is any way I can salvage
the other PV and alteast get SOME data out.

Or, is there any way that I can fix/restore the formatted drive?

For some background info, I had one VG, two PVs, and one LV with ext2
running on it. I *believe* I had it configured to concatinate the
data, but im not 100% if it was setup in stripe mode. I'm running LVM
1.0.0-3 (debian/testing)

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried searching
through the mailing-list/howto for an answer but found nothing
useful.

Thanks in advance :)

--
Adam McDaniel