[linux-lvm] Strange behaviour on a SuSE8.0 with LVM

Andreas Baier andreas.baier at mindmatics.de
Thu Aug 22 07:15:02 UTC 2002

Hello,

thank you for the quick response.
What runied my fs is nit yet known to me. The disk is ok,  but now I
know, which programm causes the ioctl - it is badblocks from e2fstool
Version 1.26

> This is an ioctl command not supported by the LVM driver.
> Check which tool is run so rapidly and you know who causes it.

> Hmmm...
>
> You didn't mention when the FS was fully checked successfully last time.
> If there was no other device errors after that check, it got probably toasted
> by VM or FS bugs.

I was lucky, the machine was freshly installed and ran just a few
days, but the home-dir was totally gone. Since home is on a logical
volume I wondered if it could be a problem. But since LVM 0.9.x I am
using it and never had problems.

Thank you !

Andreas