[linux-lvm] vg_read_with_pv_and_lv error

Chris Freeze cfreeze at alumni.clemson.edu
Thu Aug 22 19:59:02 UTC 2002

On 22-Aug-2002 Adam McDaniel wrote:

> This is the exact same problem I had last week. So far I've been
> trying to hack in a solution by modifying the PV-UUID (which was
> lost).. with minimal success.
>
> Let me know if you find a way to fix this, vice-versa :)

I was actually able to restore my lvm drive.  The first thing I did was pull
the backup from the weekend and tar up the /dev/diskvg and /etc/lvm* files.
After moving them over to my server and unpacking them, I was able to run
vgscan -f -v.  That brought everything back into sync again so that I could
vgchange -ay diskvg and mount.  Thank goodness that I had a system level backup
over the weekend.

--
Regards,

Chris

QOTD:
        Money isn't everything, but at least it keeps the kids in touch.

-----
Chris Freeze           Email: cfreeze at alumni.clemson.edu
                         Web: http://www.cfreeze.com