[linux-lvm] EVMS

Steve Pratt slpratt at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 28 15:20:02 UTC 2002

>I know that the latest xfs release (March) does not support EVMS with RAID
5 sets.

>There may be other problems with the pairing as well.

We have doing quite a bit of testing and have not seen any other issues
with using the 2 together.

>Both the EVMS and XFS teams are working to get this supported in the next
release.  >(That looks to be a couple of months away.)

All the code has been checked into CVS for the repective projects.  EVMS
also has a patch available on our website for XFS 1.1 to allow the 2 to
work together properly.