[linux-lvm] help: can't read name(s) of physical volumes (Debian kernel weirdness also involved)

Daniel J Hannum dhannum at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 15 17:25:02 UTC 2002

Thanks a ton. Debian needs to make their documentation more clear. When
you install lvm, they say to either mount devfs (they don't say how) OR
install devfsd. Turns out, that should be AND. I had to send the kernel
param like you said. And it doesn't work without devfsd, either.

I'm not sure about this weird devfs thing... I guess it's the big new
thing so I better get used to it :)

Anyway, thanks.

dan