[linux-lvm] Problem

nellis at unionswitch.com.my nellis at unionswitch.com.my
Thu Dec 26 01:34:02 UTC 2002

Hi there ,

I'm not sure what going on here . I want to setup my backup server using
LVM . I have two physical HDD named hda1 ( Linux native ) = 9.5GB , hda2 (
Linux swap ) = 500MB and hdd1( LVM == 8e ) . I have error that looks like
this :

root at backupmy:/LVM# ./configure
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Before that , I can't insmod lvm-mod . I read your docu for a whole day
and give it a try but still no avail . PLEASE HELP .

Regards ,

Nurulhadi Ellis
Union Switch & Signal (M) Sdn Bhd
1903 - 1912 , 19th Floor , Plaza Pengkalan , Jalan Ipoh
51100 Kuala Lumpur
MALAYSIA
Ph  : +6 03 4045 8055
Fax : +6 03 4045 8970