[linux-lvm] Disc crash, want to recover some data... PLEASE HELP!

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez linux-lvm at 24x7linux.com
Mon Dec 30 12:37:02 UTC 2002

On Monday, 30 December 2002, at 03:44:10 +0100,
Olof Aldin wrote:

> I have 3 hard drives in a few PVs in one VG, and one of the hard drives
> (IBM 75 GXP, 46GB) crashed today... It can't be read at all or even detected
> by my BIOS. When I connect it to the IDE bus no discs on that interface are
> found at all...

Maybe off-topic here, but these IBM hard drives seem to be defective, and
have effective MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) that low, that perhaps
this drive won't be the last to crash in short time.

If I am not wrong, there are several places that document these
problems, as well as similar ones with some Fujitsu's hard drives. Just
in case, search the Internet and replace your disk before they crash.

Hope my off-topic helps.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (Linux 2.4.20-xfs)