[linux-lvm] Backup costs (was: LVM reimplementationre)

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Wed Feb 6 15:45:02 UTC 2002

Thing about AIT2 though, you can store your data for 50 years without
degradation. Longer if you take care of it properly(not that you'd need
to anyway, you'll have to re-spin your tapes once in a while)

AIT2 is 50/100, not just 50. Most of the time I can get about 110GB per
tape. AIT3 is 200+ however. :) Not to mention, you can get 80MB/s/drive
if you have 4 dedicated scsi controllers.

And 80 of them only take up a smallamount of space.