[linux-lvm] rescuing a VG with one missing PV

Erkki Seppala flux at inside.org
Tue Feb 12 06:58:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:22:28AM +0100, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:53:25PM +0200, Erkki Seppala wrote:
> > The drive I got was two gigabytes smaller than the original, and thus:
> >
> > The original disc was:
> >
> >   PVs: [AN] ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part1 60030976 /3664
> > 		21331968 /1302    38699008/2362
> >
> > and it now is 58633312 blocks according to fdisk.
>
> Change your partition to have the very same size as before and vgcfgrestore.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I would very much like to do that, but
as I said, the replacement drive is a bit smaller than the old one,
thus I cannot make as big partition :-).

I was considering hacking vgcfgrestore to ignore the fact that the
size mismatches, are there problems to be expected? Like severe VG
corruption.. I might just as well try anything, it can't be any worse
than the current situation.