[linux-lvm] Re: Unable to get XFS, ext3, reiserfs & LVM to coexist happily

Eric Sandeen sandeen at sgi.com
Fri Jan 4 13:49:02 UTC 2002

Ok, I have 2.4.17-xfs (cvs checkout today) with patches from lvm-1.0.1,
applied lvm-1.0.1-2.4.17-xfs.patch then linux-2.4.11-VFS-lock.patch.

I tried creating lvm volumes & snapshots w/ an xfs filesystem.

I did run into problems (creating snapshot against my "test" volume
while it was mounted caused an oops; creating snapshot volume then
mounting test oopsed....) but eventually I got a volume mounted, and had
a snapshot volume against it.

Overflowing the snapshot behaved well:

lvm -- giving up to snapshot /dev/test/foo on /dev/test/snap: out of
space

I'll check out the oopses to see if I can figure out what's going on.

-Eric

sandeen at sgi.com   SGI, Inc.