[linux-lvm] SuSe 7.3 snapshot / reiserfs /

Chris Mason mason at suse.com
Tue Jan 8 13:24:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, January 08, 2002 07:34:03 PM +0100 Holger Grothe
<grothe at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:16:55PM +0100, Jürgen Vollmer wrote:
>> > I'd advise grabbing the suse kernel update, as it fixes a few security
>> > problems and updates things to 2.4.16 (+ most patches in 2.4.17).
>>

>> (may be a silly question) where do I find that kernel sources??
>>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com:/pub/suse/i386/update/7.3/kernel/

[ Holger probably knows this, just a general reply ;-) ]

This gives you the latest update kernel for the 7.3 distro.  It has been
through many tests, and is considered an official release.  This is the one
to download if you want something stable.

> or
> ftp://ftp.suse.com:/pub/people/mantel/next/

This gives you the latest beta kernel.  These tend to track the pre
releases closely, and are not as well tested as the update kernels.  This
is the one to download if you want the bleeding edge.

-chris