[linux-lvm] reiserfs oops at init

Chris Mason mason at suse.com
Mon Jan 14 09:24:02 UTC 2002

reiserfs-list at namesys.com ;-)

> I can boot with "init=/bin/sh".  I've run "reiserfsck" with the "--check"
> and "--fix*" options... and there are a lot of errors, and it ends saying
> there are ten errors that can be fixed with "--rebuild-tree" (which I can't
> run with the disk mounted). the "--rebuild-sb" option trys to run, but
> immediately aborts.

Ok, first grab the latest reiserfsck 3.x.1a from
ftp.namesys.com/pub/reiserfsprogs.  What you probably need to do is boot off
the suse CD, and then you'll be able to run reiserfsck --rebuild-tree on your
unmounted root drive.

I'd put the new fsck on a floppy, and run it from there.

If you want to send the errors from reiserfsck --check, I can confirm things
a little better.

-chris