[linux-lvm] lvm 1.0.1-rc4 and vgcreate error

carlos xavier cbastos at connection.com.br
Wed Jan 16 11:57:01 UTC 2002

Heins,

I'm sorry, I made a mistake when I was posting the message, what I did
was pvcreate /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1.
Actually, I even pvcreated /dev/hda10 and /dev/hda11 and tryed do run
vgcreate lvmdisk2 /dev/hda10 /dev/hda11 but the result was the same.

Regards,

Carlos

     > Carlos,

     > you say you pvcreated /dev/sda[12] successfully, but run
     > "vgcreate lvmdisk /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1" which makes vgcreate complain
like
     > you reported below unless /dev/sdb1 is a valid PV too.

     > On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:08:37PM -0200, carlos xavier wrote:
     >> Hi there,
     >>
     >> I'm trying to get LVM working on Linux but is being very frustrating
to me.

     >> I'm running kernel version 2.4.14 and the disks where I'm tryng to do
LVM are

     >> QUANTUM Model: ATLAS10K2-TY367 (scsi)
     >> I've already tried these versions of LVM: lvm_0.6, lvm_1.0.1 and
     >> lvm_1.0.1-rc4. All of them give some trouble, but the main problem is
that I

     >> can't create the volume group.
     >> I followed the howto and partitioned the disks and changed the type
to 8e, I

     >> was able to run pvcreate on the two disks /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2, but
when
     >> tried to create the volume group I'm getting the following error
     >>
     >> # vgcreate lvmdisk /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1
     >> vgcreate -- ERROR "pv_read(): PV identifier invalid" reading physical

     >>volumes
<pre>
Connection Web Mail
http://www.connection.com.br