[linux-lvm] extending a logical volume

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at smilehouse.com
Mon Jan 21 15:37:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:29:45PM -0600, mitch at mdmiller.com wrote:

> > > um - i think i just did this...
> > >
> > > lvextend -L +10G /dev/vg1/data
> > > followed by
> > > resize-reiserfs
> > >
> > > no corruption (at least not that I've noticed)
> >
> > I do this all the time with XFS, Reiser and even ext3.
> > At least reiser also shrinks, I think.
> >
> Sorry to sound stupid, but using what tools?  resize-reiserfs for Reiser,
> but what to use for ext3?

Come to think of it, that may be false. I don't have certain memory of
extn resizing. Sorry. Might try, though. Then it would be resize2fs or
something like that.

resize_reiserfs and xfs_growfs I'm quite certain I have used (how else
have I grown those part^Wvolumes I have?

--
Lusers annoy you; Backups are crap;            | -- David P. Murphy
Morons employ you; And samba won't map.        |     in the S.D.M.