[linux-lvm] Re: [ANNOUNCE] LVM reimplementation ready for beta testing

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at larsshack.org
Wed Jan 30 18:15:02 UTC 2002

> Also, does/where does this fit in with EVMS?

It doesn't :).  They're essentially competing implementations that offer
similar functionality.  I've been running the EVMS stuff for a while
now, and it's (a) been pretty darn solid, and (b) is completely
compatible with LVM1 on disk.

The next release of EVMS should also allow you to replace the standard
MD subsystem (RAID 0/1/5) with EVMS.

I think that, in general, competition is good.  A stable, robust, and
flexible logical volume implementation is a good thing, and we'll
probably get there faster with two groups acting as inspirations for
each other.

Cheers,

-- Lars