[linux-lvm] Re: RE: ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume group "data_disks" from physical volume(s) (Heinz J . Mauelshagen) (Leigh Waldie)

Leigh Waldie lw at mih-assoc.com
Mon Jul 8 03:28:02 UTC 2002

Heinz,

Thanks for your input on this, but I have now gone back to standard linux
partitions on these disks and everything works fine. I am assuming that
there are compatibility issues with using LVM on a 160GB disk on a promise
ATA133 TX2 controller and I am going to give up on LVM for now. I would love
to be able to use it, as it seems to be extremely useful, but given the
teething problems i have had, I cant really rely on it.

I hope to be able to try again at a later date, maybe things will have
changed by then.

Thanks again for your time...

Leigh Waldie