[linux-lvm] Re: RE: ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume group "data_disks" from physical volume(s) (Heinz J . Mauelshagen) (Leigh Waldie)

Andres Salomon dilinger at mp3revolution.net
Mon Jul 8 10:54:01 UTC 2002

Yep.

[dilinger at incandescent dilinger]$ lspci |grep -i promise
00:0a.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Promise Technology, Inc.:
Unknown device 4d69 (rev 02)
[dilinger at incandescent dilinger]$ sudo pvscan
Password:
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- ACTIVE   PV "/dev/ide/host2/bus1/target0/lun0/part1" of VG
"site" [152.64 GB / 0 free]
pvscan -- ACTIVE   PV "/dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part1" of VG
"site" [152.64 GB / 0 free]
pvscan -- total: 2 [305.33 GB] / in use: 2 [305.33 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

Works fine for me..

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:00:49AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:28:45AM +0100, Leigh Waldie wrote:
> > Heinz,
> >
> > Thanks for your input on this, but I have now gone back to standard linux
> > partitions on these disks and everything works fine. I am assuming that
> > there are compatibility issues with using LVM on a 160GB disk on a promise
> > ATA133 TX2 controller and I am going to give up on LVM for now.
>
> Leigh,
>
> I don't believe that this is the reason.
>
> Maybe someone else on this list has experience with this HW under LVM?
>
> Regards,
> Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --
>
> > I would love
> > to be able to use it, as it seems to be extremely useful, but given the
> > teething problems i have had, I cant really rely on it.
> >
> > I hope to be able to try again at a later date, maybe things will have
> > changed by then.
> >
> > Thanks again for your time...
> >
> > Leigh Waldie

> > From: "Leigh Waldie" <lw at mih-assoc.com>
> > To: <linux-lvm at sistina.com>
> > Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:22:45 +0100
> > Subject: [linux-lvm] Re: RE: ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV"
> > can't get data of volume group "data_disks" from physical volume(s) (Heinz J
> > . Mauelshagen)
> >
> > Thanks for the reply...

Broad surveillance is a mark of bad security.
	-- Bruce Schneier