[linux-lvm] Reiser & snapshots

John_Cuzzola vdrifter at enterprise.sd73.bc.ca
Mon Jul 8 17:33:01 UTC 2002

Hello everyone,
 I'm new to this list and I was hoping someone could answer the following
question. My setup:

LVM-1.0.4
Kernel: 2.4.17
FileSystem: Reiser

When I take a snapshot of a mounted reiser volume the resulting snapshot
is corrupt. If the volume is unmounted then I take the snapshot it seems
to be fine. I've searched the web and found that this is a known problem
however the fix was to apply a VFS patch. The patch was for 2.4.11 and I
couldn't find one for 2.4.17. Is snapshots of mounted reiser volumes still
a problem? Will upgrading to 2.4.18 kernel fix it?

Thanks :)