[linux-lvm] using vgcfgrestore with promise ataraid

Michal Kurowski michal at cmdik.pan.pl
Fri Jul 12 10:06:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'd like to ask you for help restoring my lvm configuration.
It might be trivial but I just could not find detailed info in existing
docs.

I've had a security issue in here and I was forced to remove all my
"system" data (on not-lvm disks).

Now I'd like to bring my system back - I also have a RAID0 setup
(ataraid drivers) with lvm-1.0.3.

I'm just not sure why vgdisplay is not able to find my volume group.

I successfully used vgcfgrestore ("/etc" entries are ok) and I have
appropriate devices in "/dev" ("/dev/ataraid/d0" namely).

Any hints ?

--
Micha³ Kurowski
Administrator