[linux-lvm] can't mount snapshot, if created at ext3 logical volume

YC yckim62 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 11:48:02 UTC 2002

I am testing LVM 1.0.4 in Linux 2.4.18.
and I found one problem in mounting snapshot volume for ext3 file system.
at 1.0.3, it was usable, but not now.

in my testing,
it was OK if created snapshot volume for ext2 file system.
But if created snapshot volume for ext3 file system,
that snapshot volume can not mount with error-message
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/VG00/snap3,
       or too many mounted file systems".

if I mount original volume with ext2, snapshot volume also has no problem in create and mount.
But
if I mount same original volume with ext3, snapshot volume was created successfully, and can not mount.

please advise above problem.
Regards,
YongChul Kim, yckim at linuxsecurity.co.kr