[linux-lvm] Growing the size of the lv

Hee So h.so at ieee.org
Wed Jul 31 20:42:01 UTC 2002

Hi,

  I read and tried to no avail. I need some assistance. The
documentation is a little vague on this point. I am trying to
grow a LV (which originally had two PVs, and adding a third PV).
I run through the vgextend and did one other thing to eventually
have my lvdisplay recognize the diskspace of all 3 PVs. Originally
the VG recognized all the 3 PVs, but the LV Size was the original.
After some twittling around, the LV Size was that of all 3 PVs.
when I run df -kh, I still get the size of the original diskspace
while I had two PVs and can't use this new diskspace.

I pvcreated the third PV.  I tried mounting and unmounting.

Any help is appreciated,
/hee
h.so at ieee.org