[linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd problem

Adrian Noland anoland at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 14:36:01 UTC 2002

Hello,
I'm trying to create an initrd and I'm hitting my head against this
error:

lvmcreate_initrd -- ummounting ram disk
umount: /tmp/initrd.2400: not mounted
lvmcreate_initrd -- ERROR umounting /tmp/initrd.2400
                 -- removing /tmp/initrd.2400
                 -- removing /tmp/mnt.2400
rmdir: `/tmp/mnt.2400': Device or resource busy
                 -- removing /tmp/lib.2400
                 -- exit with code 1

How do I find out why /tmp/initrd.$$ isn't mounted? Furthermore, can I
unmount it on my own and complete the script my self? What values would
I use for $DEVRAM and $INITRD?

NB: this isn't a standard install. I'm finishing up a LFS system. This
error only occurs in chroot. Is this a permissions problem or otherwise
related to LFS?

Thanks,
Adrian

=====
"You cannot with logic dissuade someone of a belief that was formulated without logic." --Big Beare's Law