[linux-lvm] Questions about PE size and clustering

Poul Petersen petersp at roguewave.com
Tue Jun 4 11:48:02 UTC 2002

<snip>

> Correct.
>
> In summer, you can go with Cluster LVM + GFS in order to avoid these
> constraints. That'll give you shared volume groups active on all nodes
> and GFS filesystems mounted on all as well.

	Ah, it's already in the works :) I've managed to poke around and dig
up some sketchy information about Cluster LVM and now I have the following
questions:

	1) Any ideas on whether Cluster LVM be open/free, or will it follow
GFS?
	2) It looks like Cluster LVM is being based on the 1.x LVM model?
Will this
		actually be considered a separate product, or simply a
release of 1.x with the
		necessary global locking?

Thanks,

-poul