[linux-lvm] URgent - please Help - our main system is corrupt, no one can wor k!

Benjamin Scott bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Jun 10 08:52:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, at 3:16pm, Gesine Schäfer-Reimers wrote:
> this is the second mail. I tried it this noon but got no answer so far,
> but our whole production is down and I really have to fix it.
>
> We use SUSE 7.3 with LVM...

  Call SuSE and pay for technical support.  Or call Sistina and pay for
technical support.  Or find a local consultant who knows their stuff, and
pay them for help.  You get the idea.  You need an expert, in a hurry, and
you are going to have to pay for that.

  If you have a mission critical operation that is non-functional, you need
more intense support than a mailing list staffed with volunteers can give
you.  More pointedly, the symptoms you describe indicate a fairly low-level
and general system failure, which will require direct, one-on-one
trouble-shooting -- not something you can get here.

  I do not speak for SuSE, Sistina, the LVM maintainers, my company, or
anyone else but myself.  However, as a professional system administrator, I
know when to pay for help, and that is where you are right now.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>