[linux-lvm] [RFE] lvm-1.0.3 - progress bar similar to e2fsck for pvmove

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Wed Jun 26 14:55:03 UTC 2002

just did a "pvmove /dev/hda5" and got tons and tons of info dumped to
the screen as extents were moved.  IMHO, that'd be nice for a verbose
mode, but by default it'd be nice to have something basically like
the e2fsck/wget/etc progress bar.  As it stands, I had no idea what %
of the way through the job I was and couldn't estimate finishing time,
both of which would be nice to have.

Adding to other long-running data-migration things may be a good idea as
well, but pvmove is the one I've come across that could really use it :)

Thanks!

James
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4