[linux-lvm] Manegeability with LVM

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Mon Mar 4 16:00:05 UTC 2002

Hello.

I have a system with 14 disks of diffenrent sizes (40-120GB).

As my need for diskspace increases all the time I was thinking of
using LVM so I could make use of all diskspace and grow/shrink/replace
drives as I need to.

The only downside to this is the possibility of massive dataloss if I
loose any of the 14 disks (drive fails to spin etc...). Would it be
possible to setup up a software redundancy like RAID5 with LVM so I
can keep this manageability LVM gives me?

I know this has been up in this list before, but I couldn't find a
suitable answer.

//Anders